Friday, February 3, 2012

Night Weaning, the Gentle Way. Day ?

Okay, it has been a while since I have blogged.  I have been away for a few nights.

This is where we are at:

Still in the first phase.  Things are improved, he is sleeping for longer stretches at a time (sometimes 4 hours!) and gets to sleep easily, not on the breast.
At this stage I am not going to move to the next step (no feeding) until he has finished with these molars he is working on.  Thats right - I was so busy checking his canine teeth, which have been on the verge of coming through for ages, that I failed to notice he has 2 molars, and is working on about 6!  So I just feel to mean depriving him of milk when his mouth is so sore.  Therefore we are just going to keep going as we are, and in a couple of weeks I will change to no feeding between 11pm - 5am.

Thats parenting for you - you make these plans, and then things change, you re-evaluate and do something else.  I will keep you posted though!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds sensible to me. I'm glad this is working out for you guys x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments: