Friday, February 3, 2012

I am going 'poo-free'

Okay, for those of you not down with the lingo, that is short for 'shampoo free' and not some kind of constipation issue.

I know a number of people who have been converted lately, so I thought I would give it a go too.  I am a bit nervous as I really really like to have clean hair.  I am a shampoo every day kind of girl.  So this is a BIG deal to me.

Instead of shampoo, you use baking soda and apple cider vinegar (ACV).
hansell baking soda tastemaker vinegar apple cider
You firstly you put a small amount of baking soda (approx 1 tbsp) into your palm and then mix with water to a runny paste.  Then apply this to your hair, let it sit for a minute then rinse it off.  You can then do an ACV rinse - mix 2 tablespoons with about a cup of water, massage into your scalp and hair and then rinse it off.

And voila - clean hair!

Apparently it can take a couple of weeks for your hair to get used to this new routine, without the harsh shampoo detergents stripping all the natural oils away, and you hair can be a bit oily.  This is what I am afraid of.  So I have a back up plan.  A hat
I believe this will be my friend for the next couple of weeks!


So tomorrow is my first day.  Hopefully it will be okay!

2 comments:

  1. The only thing that would worry me would be the smell of vinegar being hard to wash out? I pickled onions a week ago and can still smell the vinegar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linds has been poo free for a while now, and I haven't noticed her being vinegary at all!! We'll all stick together, and if anyone does notice a smell, they won't know which of us it is coming from - ha ha.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments: