Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Night Weaning, the Gentle Way. Day 1

Last night was not exactly a success.  I fed my little man about 3 times before 11pm.  Then after that I was meant to feed, stop whilst he was still awake and then coax him to sleep.

There was a major problem though, he had a sore tummy!  So the first feed after 11pm went something like this:

11.15: Stirs, grizzles, so I feed him.
11.18: feeding slows down so I quickly remove breast from his mouth and then pat his back to try to get him back to sleep
11.20:  He is crying.  He does a big fart and obviously has a sore tummy
11.21: I feel too mean not feeding him, so let him feed for comfort.

Then he basically fed all night long.

Nevermind.  We will try again tonight :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL, thanks for the honest post Hilary. I look forward to the rest of the week!! Good luck, to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Heres hoping we have a better night!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments: