Monday, December 26, 2011

Be Natural Cereal Review

I would like to clarify that I was recently asked to review this product.  I was not paid to do this.  All opinions are mine, and are honest.


I was recently asked to review the Be Natural range of breakfast cereal.  I am a big cereal eater.  I eat cereal everyday for breakfast.  And as a breastfeeding mother, I eat a LOT.  I like a breakfast to be healthy, tasty and I like it to fill me up for a decent amount of time.

I was sent three flavours of cereal - Pink Lady Apple & Flame Raisin (RRP $6.49); Cashew, Almond, Hazlenut & Coconut(RRP $6.49); 5 Whole Grain Flakes(RRP $4.99).

5 Whole Grain Flakes CerealCashew, Almond, Hazelnut & Coconut CerealPink Lady, Flame Raisin, Fruit Flakes & Clusters Cereal

I was impressed with the cereals.  They 'ticked all the boxes' so to speak.  My favourite was the Pink Lady Apple & Flame Raisin.  It had the Grain Flakes, and then lots of 'bits' - apple, raisins and these little 'clusters' of yumminess.  My second favourite was the Cashew, Almond, Hazlenut & Coconut.  I really enjoyed the nuts in the cereal.  I thought the 5 Whole Grain Flakes was a bit boring to be honest.  But I jazzed it up with some sliced bananas.

There are no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives in any of the cereals.

Honestly, I would probably buy both the Pink Lady Apple & Flame Raisin, and the Cashew, Almond, Hazlenut & Coconut flavours at the supermarket.  They were really tasty.  And I didn't need my second breakfast for about 3 hours after I ate, which is good.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the cereals in their original recipe where delicious. My favorite was the Cashew Almond Hazelnut & Coconut. However, they have since changed their recipe. They have significantly reduced the amount of clusters, so much so that the contents of the box has reduced in weight by 95 grams. The fat content has also increased along with the sugar, sodium & carbs. The only beneficial increase is the fibre content, however, this will be of no benefit to me, due to the lack of flavour I will no longer be buying it. Unfortunately (or fortunately for them) they do not have a facebook page, so this is my only way of sharing. Love to see if others notice the difference!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments: